VOLUNTEER for a Walk in the Park: we have been providing meals to the homeless and needy for 23 years.
Now – Jan. 26: Armory Park, 221 S. 6th Ave. Hours: 9:30-1:30!
We serve a hot meal, have a ministry of worship and the Word–including prayer–as well as provide clothing, personal hygiene items, and non-perishable food-to-go. Sometimes we invite speakers to present on topics that will help and inform our guests of the many services available to them–if you have information you want to present, please call us! Parking is FREE.
WE ASK OUR VOLUNTEERS TO BRING NON-PERISHABLE FOOD FOR OUR GUESTS TO PUT IN THEIR BACK-PACKS.
Please consider these needs as we feed the homeless:
- Non-perishable food items
- Plastic forks & spoons (sturdy, please)
- 8-9″ Styrofoam plates
- 6 oz. Styrofoam cups
- plastic grocery bags (used OK)
- Ziplock gal. size plastic bags
- serving gloves
- toilet paper
- towel paper
- ANY hygiene items (shampoo, lotion, razors, bar soap, tooth brushes, tooth paste, sun screen, deodorant, etc.)
- gift cards
Your help will allow us to keep serving AND will provide a blessing for YOU! (Ps. 41:1-2)
DROP OFF LOCATION:
85711: Tony’s Deli, 6219 E. 22nd St. (discount on food available)
Front Line Service
- Preparing and serving hot meals at Walk in the Park Outreach events
- Sharing the Word of God at the Outreaches
- Providing music or other worship activities
- Setting up and cleaning up after the gatherings
- Preparing clothing or hygiene items for distribution (may be done in your home)
Behind the Scenes
- Share your time & resources
- PRAY – We send periodic requests via e-mail
- Get a tax benefit
- Serve on the Corporate Board
- Serve on a committee
- Be a mentor
- Research & write grants
- Do a food or hygiene drive
- Help with finance & clerical work
- Find new surplus food resources
- Pick up and store food
- Gather and/or sort clothing
READ our Covenant with Champions (Volunteers & Supporters)
We are currently making appointments with local churches and ministries in order to inform them of our Hope Center vision, Phase I, the Medical Respite Center so that they may pray about being part of it. Please let us know if YOUR church would be interested in a presentation. If you see yourself as part of this vision–as a donor, co-worker, prayer partner– or you just want more information, contact us.