Sow into us and reap a tax harvest!
In Arizona, you may claim a tax credit for voluntary cash contributions you make during any taxable year to a Qualifying Charitable Organization (that’s us!). We spend at least 50% of our budget on services for Arizona residents who either receive temporary assistance for needy families (TANF) benefits, are low-income residents (whose household income is less than 150% of the federal poverty level), are chronically ill, or are physically disabled children. To be a Qualifying Charitable Organization, we must also show that we plan to continue spending at least 50% of our budget on these services. The names of approved charities are listed on the Department of Revenue’s website.
NEW! Increased limits for the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit
If you donate by April 15, 2018, you can claim a tax credit that reduces dollar for dollar what you would pay in Arizona state income tax.
- Couples filing jointly can claim a tax credit of up to $800.
- Head of household/single can claim a tax credit up to $400.
- The Arizona Charitable Tax Credit is completely separate from and in addition to the Private School Tuition and Public School Activity Tax Credits – you may participate in any or all three if you choose.
- If you have no Arizona tax liability for the current year, you may carry the tax credit forward for up to five years.
- Your donation may also be claimed as a charitable deduction on your federal income tax.